TSWPC Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct Committee Members/Volunteers/Officials
- Put the wellbeing, health and safety of members above all other considerations, including the development of performance.
- At all times adhere to the ASA Code of Ethics, Rules and Laws
- At all times adhere to Wavepower.
- At all time adhere to the ASA Equality and Diversity Policy
- Consistently display a high standard of behaviour and appearance wearing the club kit.
- Treat all members with respect and dignity, value their worth and treat everyone equally, recognising their varying needs and abilities within the context of the sport.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with members based on mutual trust and respect.
- Always ensure that all teaching, coaching and competition programmes are appropriate for the age, ability and experience of the individual member.
- Always identify and meet the needs of the individual member as well as the needs of the group section.
- Be fair and equal in team and training section selection.
- Never exert undue influence or pressure on the individual to gain personal benefit or reward. In particular, coaches/teachers must not use their position to establish or pursue a sexual or improper relationship with an athlete, member of someone close to them.
- Encourage and guide members to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
- Treat all information of a personal nature about individual members as confidential, except in circumstances where to do so would allow the child to be placed at risk or harm or continue to be at risk/harm.
- Encourage all members to obey the spirit of the rules and regulations both in and out of the
- Never encourage or condone members, volunteers, officials or parents to violate the rules of the organisation or the sport, and report any violations appropriately.
- Observe the authority and the decision made by officials whether at club level or from an outside organisation and only question those decisions in the appropriate manner.
- Personal conduct must at all times be of a high standard and reflect favourably on the sport and the club.
- Inappropriate and abusive language in public is not acceptable. Language must always be appropriate and socially acceptable.
- Consumption of alcohol is totally forbidden for athletes under age as defined by UK law. It must not be consumed by Coaches; Teachers; Volunteers; Swimmers or Water Polo Players whilst en route, prior or following a competition event, training camp or team activities, without specific consent of the Team Manager.
During competition alcohol is strictly forbidden for all swimmers and staff.
- Smoking is not allowed by any member of the club i.e. Coaches; Teachers; Volunteers; Swimmers and Water Polo players whilst en route, prior to, during or following a competition event, training session or team activities.
- Coaches; Teachers; Volunteers; Swimmers and Water Polo players shall display the required standard of personal appearance at all times. Team kit and equipment shall be worn as directed by the Coach or Team Manager when competing and training, when assembling or travelling, at official team functions or on other occasions as notified.
- Coaches; Teachers; Volunteers; Swimmers and water polo players are strictly prohibited from taking illegal, performance enhancing drugs and substances. Swimmers and water polo players are expected to be aware of the current list of banned substances. Any person taking medication must ensure that this medication is not on the banned substance list.
- Complete a child safeguarding training course every three years in line with the guidance with Wavepower.
- Ensure that a DBS check is completed every 3 years when requested by the club
- Ensure that all members who are representing the club do so in a professional manner inaccordance with A.S.A guidelines